Monday, November 26, 2012

Nov. 26

Dear Mom,
We had mission conference this week, and we found out that we might have the option of using Skype this year for Christmas to talk to our families, so that would be cool, but I would have to find someone with a computer with a webcam and a fast enough internet connection, so we´ll see about that.
I´m not going to put pictures on yet, and I didn´t get any at the baptism, because I forgot my camera, but I will see if I can get a copy from my companion´s camera to send to you.
The baptism went good, as well as the confirmation yesterday. He has been studying a lot of the stuff that we have given him, with the scriptures and liahona magazines and things like that, so it has been exciting to see him study that stuff recently.
We did actually have a small Thanksgiving celebration this week. We were with the zone this thursday, and so we decided to pitch in some money for our own little Thanksgiving celebration with food. So we got chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, and pumpkin pie, and ate at the church this week, and had a nice meal together, which was pretty filling, and good food. So that was fun.
I´m pretty sure that our water problems won´t ever get fixed, there just isn´t really any water pressure here. The stove was just old, and had been having problems with sparking up and weird stuff like that before, but the new one is good. No we don´t have an oven, nor will we unless we buy one with our personal money. We just have a little countertop stove with two burners.
Other than that, nothing too exciting has been happening recently here.
Love,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment